Lean six sigma Black Belt - (What’s in it for me)
Why should I pursue Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- When you obtain the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification, you will be turning a new chapter in your professional career
- You get instantly noticed in the job market and your marketability goes up several notches.
- And that is because most of the fortune 500 companies have embraced the concept of Lean Six Sigma and using it to drive process improvements thereby enhancing their profitability - Cost savings run into millions of dollars
- So purely from an individual growth standpoint, Certification will open up plenty of opportunities regardless of the industry
- Net Net…Its nice to have this certification on your cv….and that too from a globally recognized organization such as the American Society for Quality(ASQ)...because that will set you apart from the 'also rans"
How to get Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification?
- Many Companies offer on site as well as on line training.
- If you google, you literally come up with hundreds of companies
- You have to choose a service provider that best matches your needs
What can we do to help you get the Certification?
- Our focus/specialty is online Training.
- At the end of on line Training with us, we will prepare you for the ASQ exam(Certification is through ASQ – Our Fees includes costs towards ASQ Exam Fee Plus Books).
- Our Training Materials/Courseware is aligned with the ASQ Body of Knowledge.
- Our Instructors are available on call all the time(personalized one on one service).
- Our placement section will work with you post certification for suitable job placements (though there is no guarantee).
Black Belt Certificate – Highlights
- Our Lean Six Sigma Black Belt online certification program is uniquely positioned to help you master the underlying concepts of the Lean six sigma principles through our personalized instruction focus.
- Our Training prepares the student/professionals to get an in depth understanding of the DMAIC Model/Lean Topics that will help you to 1. Pass the ASQ exam and 2. be market ready to enhance your career.
- Primary focus of the training is to help identify wastes, drive process improvements and reduce costs due to poor quality.
Role of Certified Black Belts
- Black Belts typically work full time on Six Sigma Projects(These projects are prioritized based on the potential financial impact on the organization).
- Typical Cost Savings for any project is in the range from $100000 to $200000
- Black Belts also mentor Green Belts, lead improvement projects using specified methodologies ie DMAIC, DMADV, DFSS
- The good news is that Black Belts are required in all types of industries ie Healthcare, Manufacturing, Finance etc
Lean Six Sigma : Critical Success Factors
- Customer Focus
- Financial Results
- Management Commitment/Engagement
- Resource Commitment
- Execution Infrastructure
What does Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification entail
Following are the skillsets one can associate with a certified Lean six sigma Black Belt:
- Customer First : Use Voice of the customer data to define a customer pain point.
- Estimate Cost Savings : Make an assessment of the costs due to poor quality that is related to the customer pain points
- Process Improvement: Identify “Offending Processes’ that are not delivering, use DMAIC Principles to ‘reengineer’ those Business Processes
- Hold the Gains : Once the project is complete, get stakeholders approvals, transfer ownership to the relevant process owner
- Documentation : Complete all the documentation for the ‘new process’, ensure all impacted employees are trained on the new ways of working
- Validate with finance : Final step will be to validate with the financial controller if the cost savings are accurate
In addition to the above , Black Belts:
- Will mentor Green Belts
- Liasce with the Executive sponsor if project objectives were accomplished
- Serve as a catalyst for Process Improvements on an ongoing basis
This course will build on the materials covered in Green Belt Training. In addition, following topics will be covered in greater detail
- Hypothesis Testing
- Design of Experiments
- Lean Principles using the Pull Model
- (Note 1 : Students will work on a Project that will help to clarify concepts. Typically the Problem selected for the Project will be from the industry the student belongs to.
- Note 2 : The course structure will be in line with ASQs body of knowledge and will prepare the participants to take the ASQs Black Belt certification exam)
How will you benefit
As a Black Belt , you will be able to
- Make real time connections between the economics of a corporation and its business Processes
- Link process capability measures to operational metrics ie yield, cycle time, Takt time
- Connect product/service performance characteristics to the key process variables
Who should attend
Managers, Engineers tasked to lead implementation of Lean Six Sigma program in a company having a specific Cost saving as one of their Performance Objectives
- A Pdf file will be sent which will have that week’s material along with an audio link
- There is a quiz at the end of the file..answers are expected back by the following week
- Repeat the same process for the next 7 weeks
- Weeks 9 thru 12..we will do a project work
- Beyond the twelev weeks, we will coach individuals to pass the ASQ certification exam
$ 2100.00 (Costs will cover ASQ Exam Fees/Books)
Duration: 12 weeks
Note: 1. Duration for on line course is twelve weeks (Classes commence every Monday)
Note: 2. Duration for on site classes is Two weeks.
Note: 3. If you are already a Green Belt and want to pursue Black Belt certification, Duration will be 6 weeks (online) and fees will be $1000.00 (includes exam fees/books)
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma
- Introduction to Lean
- Project Scoping/Project Charter
- High Level Process Maps/Introduction to Value Stream Maps
- Project Definition/Project Selection
- Preparing to Manage Change/Change Management
- Lean Six Sigma Roles and Responsibilities
- QFD/Kano Model etc
- EVA and Driving Bottom Line Improvements
- Design for Six Sigma
- Data Collection Plans
- Basic Statistics
- Measurement System Analysis
- Detailed Process Maps
- Current State Value Stream Maps
- Process Sigma/Capability Analysis
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Building a C&E Matrix
- FMEA (Failure Modes & Effects Analysis)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Design Of Experiments - Details
- Lean Tools
- Process Flow Metrics ( Takt Time, Touch Time)
- Mistake Proofing
- Flow…Smoothing out the flow
- Sales and Operations Planning Processes
- Procurement Processes
- Introduction to SPC
- Building a Control Plan
- Control Methods
- Constructing Control Charts
- Stakeholder Approvals
- Project Closure
- Toyota Production Systems….
There will be a Project work towards the end of the Course
Note : This is a Prerequisite for the ASQ Certification exam
What are the minimum requirements/qualifications for me to take up this course?
Graduation in science/Engineering degree with 3 to 5 years work experience in any industry
The on line version is Twelve weeks… is there any flexibility here?
How exactly does the self pace work?
Pdf files with an audio link will be sent every week…for six weeks…While the entire course is intended for six weeks, you can work to suit your pace……Instructors are available round the clock
The Green Belt is 6 weeks, Black Belt is 12 weeks…what is done in the intervening 6 weeks?
The first two weeks after the Green Belt course ( Six weeks), we will work on additional topics specific to the Black Belt course…The next four weeks, we will work on a Project from the industry the individual hails from. This project will help to ‘ connect the dots” while at the same time providing the much needed practical insights on the use of the Lean six sigma tools
If I take this course, will this help to take the ASQ Black Belt Certification exam?
Yes..the courseware is completely aligned with the ASQ body of knowledge…Furthermore, we will help to coach individuals to clear the certification exam
If I take the Black Belt course and sign up for the ASQ Black Belt Certification, Do I need to still take the Green Belt Certification exam….In other words, Is Green Belt certification a prerequisite for the Black Belt certification?
- Do I need statistical analysis software?
For the ASQ exam, there is no need…however, Training on Minitab is offered separately.
- Does this course include certification?
No…however we undertake to coach the individuals to prepare for the ASQ exam…That’s why the fee for the course includes the cost for registering with ASQ for the certification exam
- When are ASQ exams held?
They are held throughout the year.
"I am writing this letter today in support of Shreya Business Solutions. As a recent student in their Six Sigma Black Belt certification course, I was able to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to pass the national certification test on the first try. I feel that I have truly benefitted from their course materials and teaching methods.
Shreya Business Solutions has shown great in-depth experience in the implementation of Lean Six Sigma principles. I was also impressed that the instructor was available outside the scheduled class time and session for additional assistance with the projects required to sit for the Six Sigma certification exam. I know that it is in very large part due to this dedication that I now hold this credential."
Marianne Bious - RPh, MSHI
"When I was a Product Manager involved with the development and commercialization of entry-level computer systems, I always admired the knowledge and discipline the Services organization’s members displayed at product team meetings. They were responsible for providing the cost structure of servicing each model of system, which required determining the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of the system’s components. It was my window into understanding the benefits of applying quality techniques to the design and manufacture of products and services and the importance of building quality into the product or service from the beginning.
When I decided to pursue a quality certification (with hopes of enhancing and extending my work career), I was very fortunate to find my way to SA Vaneswaran. SA is a quality guru. His method of teaching is very straightforward and he makes time to review and work with you so that you will understand the philosophy, the concepts, and the methods. SA put me on the right path and provided me with the navigation I needed to be able to complete the work program and exam to achieve the Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) designation. If you are considering pursuing a quality certification, I highly recommend working on it with SA Vanaswaran."