Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt - (What’s in it for me)
Why should I pursue Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
- When you obtain the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification, that’s a big value add from a professional growth standpoint.
- And that is because most of the fortune 500 companies have embraced the concept of Lean Six Sigma and using it to drive process improvements thereby enhancing their profitability, increasing shareholder value as a result.
- So purely from an individual growth standpoint, your marketability goes up exponentially.
- Net Net…Its nice to have this certification on your cv….and that too from a globally recognized organization such as the American Society for Quality(ASQ).
- Note : Once you become Yellow Belt Certified, you should pursue Green/Black Belt Certification because the extra effort to go from Yellow to Green and from Green to Black Belt is not much(about 30 hrs more in each case).
How to get Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification?
- Many Companies offer on site as well as on line training.
- If you google, you literally come up with hundreds of companies.
- You have to choose a service provider that best matches your needs.
What can we do to help you get the Certification?
- Our focus/specialty is online Training.
- At the end of on line Training with us, we will prepare you for the ASQ exam(Certification is through ASQ – (Our Fees includes costs towards ASQ Exam Fee Plus Books).
- Our Training Materials/Courseware is aligned with the ASQ Body of Knowledge.
- Our Instructors are available on call all the time(personalized one on one service).
- Our placement section will work with you post certification for suitable job placements (though there is no guarantee).
Yellow Belt Certificate – Highlights
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training provides insight to the basics of Six Sigma, its metrics, and fundamental improvement methodologies..(Its an entry into the exciting world of Lean Six Sigma).
- As an Yellow Belt, it would serve as an eye opener to drive process improvements…be able to distinguish between Manufacturing processes and Transactional Processes.
- Be exposed to problem solving and you start to understand how to realize cost savings from any improvement effort.
Role of Certified yellow Belts
- Active participant in any process improvement program.
- Understudy to a Green/Black Belt.
- Lay the framework by doing an initial assessment of any process improvement project…for Green/Black Belts to then pick up and formalize the project.
Yellow Belt Training & Certification - Where do you fit
Note: There are no prerequisites to any of our programs. All of the material you would learn in the Yellow and Green Belt Programs are covered in our Black Belt Certification Program. Any students /professionals wishing to enroll directly into the Green or Black Belt Program are more than welcome.
- This course will be an introduction to the fundamental concepts of Lean six sigma
- Understand the origins of Lean and Lean thinking.
- Identify the five principles of Lean and the eight types of waste.
- Participate as an active team member in a Lean Kaizen event.
- Understand Six Sigma and the benefits it brings to an organization.
- Comprehend the five-step DMAIC process and use certain tools within each phase.
- Apply new skills for collecting and analyzing data.
- Gain a new understanding of mistake proofing processes and apply other Lean concepts, tools and methods.
Duration: 4 weeks
- Introduction to Lean Six Sigma;
- Five Principles of Lean
- Six Sigma Literally Speaking
- Six Sigma Roles and Phases
- DMAIC for Teams
- The Eight Types of Waste
- Creating Awareness
- Creating a Shared Need
- High-level Process Maps/Value stream map - Introduction;
- Understanding What to Measure
- Data Collection
- Understanding Graphs;
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Building a Cause & Effect Matrix
- Building an FMEA
- Introduction to SPC
- Creating Pareto Charts
- Generating Solution Ideas
- Creating a Pilot Plan
- Control Methods
- Project Closure